For whatever reason, I personally found the nominees for this entire category of much interest.
Nominees for Rising Star Chef of the Year:A lot of big names in there - should be an interesting one to watch.
- Nate Appleman, A16 (San Francisco);
- Graham Elliot Bowles, Avenues (Chicago);
- David Chang, Momofuku Noodle Bar (New York City);
- Patrick Connelly, Radius (Boston);
- Daniel Humm, Eleven Madison Park (New York City)
Good luck to chef Colby Garrelts of Bluestem who was nominated in the BEST CHEF: MIDWEST category.
Congrats to José Ramon Andrés and Bobby Flay who were both inducted into the James Beard Foundation Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America.
And this year's Lifetime Achievement Award went to Barbara Kafka for her numerous cookbooks and print media bylines.
You can read more details on the James Beard website.
Now I'm off to listen to the Winery Profile: Staglin Family Vineyards podcast by Grape Radio that was nominated for a BEST WEBCAST award.