I can't say that it's developed into how I first envisioned it, but we may still get there some day.
It will be interesting to see what the next two years in food holds for us. For the first time in several years, we have no major travel plans because we're expecting our first baby in late July! I'm going to try to avoid duplicating the long break I took last summer and see if I can keep up the once or twice a week frequency I've been outputting for the past several months; I have lots of ideas for articles, resources, tweaks and overhauls, but with a newborn and life in general - we'll see how well I do.
Some things to look forward to are:
- At least a dozen posts from my last two trips to California
- News of the Week summary posts
- Speed Reviews for smaller casual places
- Beer (more details later)
- Coverage of one of the country's largest Testicle Festivals
And if we're lucky, possibly more frequent Foodies of Omaha events.
I'll also be updating the information and resource areas of the blog such as adding new Gastronomic Warriors, categorizing the List of Omaha Restaurants and possibly making it more searchable, adding more cities for similar lists (with your help), and things I can't yet disclose :-)
One of the biggest changes I want to make involves a (slightly) new layout. I'll be adding a column to the left side for better navigation and to make finding the really useful information much easier. The new layout will be designed for 1024x768, but I'll try to ensure the left column and the main content fit within a 800x600 screen and keep less important information in the right column. Since only about 10% of my readers are currently at this resolution, most users will be unaffected.
So I just wanted to say thanks to all of my readers. Also, since this was originally supposed to be more of a community site, I encourage everyone to leave comments, story ideas, or even submit your own articles that you'd like to see published here.
To close things up, I'll leave you with a list of some of our most popular articles over the past 2 years. Enjoy.
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Alinea Restaurant in Chicago, IL
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Charlie Trotter's in Chicago, IL
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Dario's Brasserie in Omaha, NE
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Darwin Bistro & Catering in Omaha, NE
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: Orange Restaurant in Chicago, IL
- RESTAURANT REVIEW: TRU Restaurant in Chicago, IL
- Omakase @ Sushi Japan - Omaha, NE
- List of Restaurants: Omaha, NE
- 2006 Health Ratings - Omaha, NE
- Michelin Red Guide 2007 France: Hotels & Restaurants
P.S. Feel free to Vote for GFC as a kick ass blog
Vote for GFC
Or subscribe to our articles feed
Subscribe to this feed.
P.P.S. For those of you interested in stats, our numbers for the past month were:
- 3,900 page views
- 1,700 visitors
- 20% are returning visitors